Winterly vegetable soup
Although this winterly vegetable soup is low on carbohydrates, it is quite satiating and thus really helps you lose weight.
In this recipe, we have used fennel, but this can be replaced by white cabbage or kohlrabi, e.g. if you prefer a stronger taste.
Another variation is to use less Brussels sprouts and more carrots.
The taste can be made even more delicious if you use homemade vegetable broth. Then you might be able to do without the stock cube and instead add a little more salt.
Feel free to experiment!
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 150 g Brussels sprouts
- 150 g carrots
- 100 g fennel (for the soup)
- 100 g fennel (for the stock)
- 10 g parsnip
- 10 g celery leaf
- some parsley
- 1.2 l water or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 tsp chickpea flour
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/8 tsp curry
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 stock cube (10g)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp raw cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
Clean and halve the Brussels sprouts, peel the carrots and slice them, cut the fennel into strips, peel the parsnip, roughly chop the celery and parsley.
- Heat the ghee in a saucepan
- Add chickpea flour, asafoetida, curry, cumin, coriander and ginger; stir briefly
- Pour in 1.2 l of water or vegetable stock
- Add 100 g fennel, parsnip, celery, fenugreek, stock cube and lemon juice
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the fennel and parsnip are cooked
- Meanwhile, steam the Brussels sprouts, season with salt and nutmeg
- Steam the carrots, add a pinch of salt, a little cane sugar and a few drops of lemon juice
- Cook the remaining fennel in a pan on a low heat until slightly brown and add salt
- Add the vegetables to the liquid
- Stir in the cane sugar, salt, and pepper
- Let it steep for 10 minutes
- Bring to the boil briefly
- Fill into preheated plates or bowls, garnish with the chopped parsley and serve
Recipe and photos: Monika Schwarz und Hans-Jürgen Metz
© Maharishi Ayurveda Privatklinik Bad Ems