The Ten-Day Detox Cure
Detoxification by completely dispensing with food will unnecessarily increase Vata Dosha and also reduce the digestive power (Agni). In order to avoid these undesirable side effects, Ayurveda recommends the following gentle yet profound detoxification cure for the effective removal of water-soluble residues in the physiology. If you feel stable and healthy, you can do this without medical guidance. However, if you have an acute condition, the cure may be taxing for you. If unsure, please call us, we’ll gladly advise you: +49 2603 9407-0.
- Half an hour before breakfast: Drink some warm water, mixed with the juice of half a lemon and a teaspoon of (unheated) honey. The water should not be warmer than 40 °C.
- Breakfast: If you are hungry, drink fresh juices from fruits or vegetables.
- Lunch: Have a light, freshly cooked meal with plenty of vegetables. Include some Dahl (e.g. lentils or other pulses) which is easily digestible and provides nourishing vegetable protein. Eat till you are full, but pay attention to the subtle signs of saturation and don’t eat beyond that point.
- Dinner: Like in the morning, Ayurveda recommends fresh juices from fruits or vegetables, but also light soups or gruels from grain, rice, or vegetables. Ideally eat before 6 p.m.
- Snacking: When hunger becomes uncomfortable, it’s okay to drink another fresh juice. But a healthy feeling of hunger doesn’t hurt, on the contrary. If it’s easy, avoid the snacks – your body will thank you and dissolve even more Ama (impurities).
- Hot water: Throughout the day, you should often drink hot water that has been boiled for 10 minutes. You can boil it in the morning and keep it hot in a thermos. Drink it as hot as is comfortable for you, in small sips, every time from half a cup to a full cup. Hot water is the crucial factor for the success of your cure. It penetrates into the body cells, binds to water-soluble toxins and effectively removes the Ama. However:
- Don’t drink water in the last half hour before a meal, and during one and a half hour after each meal. Otherwise, it will dilute the digestive juices and your food will be less well digested.
- During these ten days, take a lot of fresh air, go to bed before 10 p.m. and make sure that you can sleep as long as your physiology needs.
« Back to list