Fruity Pumpkin Soup
This pumpkin soup is mild, delicious, and warming – and it simply fits well with autumn. In addition, it looks great with its sophisticated topping.
Depending on how thick you make it, this soup can be served as a main dish or as a starter.
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 300g pumpkin
- 100g carrots
- 50g parsnip
- 1,5 L water
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp. chickpea flour
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 2 pinches of curcuma
- 1 bouillon cube (10g)
- Juice of half a small orange
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of salt (to taste)
- For the topping:
Cream, pumpkin seed oil, fresh marjoram, flower petals
Peel and chop the pumpkin, carrots, and the sweet potatoes. Pumpkin (Hokkaido variety) gives a very refined taste when peeled.
- Heat the Ghee in a saucepan
- Add vegetables and stir
- Add chickpea flour and stir
- Pour in the water
- Add spices (except the pepper)
- bring to a boil
- Cook over medium heat for 35 minutes
(Until the soup has the desired thickness.)
- Add the freshly pressed orange juice, the cane sugar, salt and pepper
- Blend the soup
- Fill in preheated plates or bowls, garnish with cream, pumpkin seed oil, marjoram, and flower petals and serve.
If you prefer a more liquid soup, reduce the amount of pumpkin to 250g. In general, you can also regulate the thickness by adjusting the cooking time.
Recipe and photos: Hans-Jürgen Metz and Monika Schwarz
© Maharishi AyurVeda Privatklinik Bad Ems
Download the recipe as a PDF file
« Back to list
Leave a Reply