Ayurvedic golden milk
‘Ayurvedic golden milk’ can be taken in-between meals. It has a wonderful taste and balances Doshas Vata and Pitta. This milk is also highly recommended as a nightcap.
- 1 cup of milk (preferably organic whole milk, not homogenized)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- a few pinches of cardamom
- a few pinches of cinnamon
- a pinch of nutmeg
- a pinch of black pepper
- Sharkara (sugar) or honey to taste
- Pour the milk into a milk pan.
- Add the spices: turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over low to medium heat and simmer gently for about two minutes.
- Then sweeten with a little Sharkara sugar.
- If you prefer using honey instead of sugar, then cool the spiced milk to 40° before stirring in the honey.
When honey is warmed up to temperatures above 40º, sticky and hard-to-digest substances are formed. Therefore, Ayurveda considers heated honey to be harmful to health.
Download the article as a PDF file
Recipe and pictures: Jochen Lotz
© Maharishi Ayurveda Health Centre Bad Ems« Back to list
Leave a Reply